It’s February, and love is in the air! No matter if you’re shopping for a significant other, a friend, family member, or yourself, Virginia-Highland’s local businesses are full of ways to treat all the loves in your life. And, if love you #LoveVaHi as much as we do, consider donating to the Virginia Highland District Association!
If you’re giving a gift
If your Valentine loves home decor, look no further than Urban Cottage. This Virginia-Highland staple is a quaintly curated boutique with classy antiques and home decor, but they also offer all things to stay cozy. Here are a some of our favorite gift ideas:
- 6 oz. Mouth Party caramels, $6.
- Firefly Candles in linen rosewood, amber oak, grapefruit and mangosteen scents, $28.
- Barefoot Dreams Cozy Chic Lite Ribbed Robe in blue, pink, and silver. $115.
- Ceramic Trinket Dishes that say “love” and “good heart,” $28.
- Jewelry: Mango Wood Hoops, size small $30, medium $34, large, $38. They come in all sorts of colors, including black, denim, moss green, and leopard.
Did you pick up house plants as a quarantine project or do you naturally have a green thumb? Either way, this aesthetic retro plant shop will inspire all of your house plants dreams, and we guarantee any person in your life will enjoy something from this trendy store.
- Ginger Rose Flower Arrangements, $100-$350. Located inside of Green Flamingo, Ginger Rose is offering special valentine flower arrangement specials for both pickup and delivery. The arrangement will be designed in a unique vase and will have an abundance of seasonal flowers that may include roses, tulips, hyacinth, ranunculus, protea, and more! All of their arrangements are “designer’s choice” in style, and will be using a beautiful color palette that includes reds, purples, pinks, whites, and greens! Pre-orders can be placed directly through the shop tab on their website.
- You can also stop by to make your own arrangement or pick up a plant from the Green Flamingo!
We can’t say enough about how much we love Dakota J’s style, and we’re sure your Valentine will, too! Find a perfect sweater at this premier boutique clothing shop for women of all ages. Gifts we think they’ll love include:
- Cute and Cozy Pajamas
- Paint a Poster Kit
Ace Hardware has something for everyone! They may specialize in outdoor gift ideas and plants, but their gift section features toys, home decor, and more.
- House Plant and Pot Combo, like a red anthurium in a Bergs Potters planter. Lots of options, and they’re happy to pot it up for anyone.
- Jack Black Personal Care Products, price varies.
- Oven Mitts and Dish Towels from Blue Q.
- Puzzles from True South, Pomegranate, Galison and more, price varies.
- Pretty Cut Flower Arrangement from Twelve Flower, price varies.
Come to find a card, stay to find everything else! This craft store has a card for everyone you know, funny and unique gifts that will make anyone smile. And don’t forget to shop for your Galentine! This shop features all the things you could want for the gals in your life.
- Cards. Everyone loves a true Valentine! Stop by for a witty card, price varies.
- Kids Valentine’s Day Craft Kits, ~$20
- Valentine’s Day Balloon Bouquet, $25.
- Gift Wrapping, $8 box + materials.
Focused on the “luxury of simplicity,” this apothecary has all you need for a holistic skin care experience. Whether you’re looking for something intimate or a scent to revive the senses, explore these vegan, cruelty and all-natural products to soothe the soul.
- Rose + Black Pepper Botanical Body Lotion, $52. Formulated to banish dry skin with pure, organic, cold-pressed plant oils, hydrosols from wild harvested florals, and steam distilled, organic essential oils.
- Version 47, Dwelling Candle $52. Tiny clementine from Sicily, green notes of juniper and a portion of mandarin. Star anise over subtle nuances of Haitian vetiver, sandalwood, and cypress. Peppercorn for depth. Coconut and soy wax, fragrance, cotton wick, hand poured in a glass vessel.
- Honeysuckle + Grapefruit Body Oil, $42. Luxurious daily moisturizer crafted with organic skin perfecting oils for intense moisture and a glistening youthful glow.
Don’t forget your fur children! Highland Pet Supply offers all sorts of food, treats, toys, and accessories four our favorite four-footed friends.
- Bocce’s Bakery Candy Hearts and Red Velvet Soft Cookies, $6.99 a bag.
- Pink Fluffy Rabbit Toys by Fab Dog, $18 big size, $14 small size.
- Haute Diggity Dog Pink Purses, $15.95 big, small $12.95.
- Hot Pink Cowboy Hat, $16.
- Bandanas by Blue Grasshopper Creations, $12 & $15 depending on size.
Have a DIYer in your life or someone who loves projects? Look no further than Highland Woodworking, which has offered fine woodworking tools since 1978.
Have a stylish man in your life? Threadz is the go-to VaHi spot for him featuring high-end streetwear and bold statements.
- Sneakers, price varies.
- Jackets, price varies.
If you’re looking for a gift for him, stop by Cachée Leather Goods. They offer sleek, stylish leather shoes to give the perfect finish to your business attire or special-occasion styles. They also have a lovely selection of wallets, key chains, and bracelets!
We all know and love Murphy’s, a true Virginia-Highland favorite. Take home a bottle of wine (or four) from their curated wine shop that features many hard-to-find, top-rated wines.
Treat yourself or your loved one
Asia Rosa Spa
Treat you or you and your partner to some peace and tranquility at Asia Rose Spa! This sale is going on for Valentine’s Day and is valid until Feb. 14.
- 2 Dimond Glow Dermalinfusion Facials, $250. (Reg. $150/facial)
- 2 Back Treatments With Massage, $155. (Reg. $85/massage)
- 2 V-Steams, $120. (Reg. $65/V-Steam)
Add a pop of color to your nails and enjoy an afternoon pampering yourself at Sugarcoat with a mani and pedi.
Suzie Q Nails
Purchase a $25 gift card and get $5 added through Valentine’s Day. That $30 gift card will never expire.
Perspire Sauna Studio
Have a hot date at Perspire Sauna Studio, Virginia Highland’s newest resident! The sauna features infrared therapy, which provides a gentle, soothing therapeutic heat (without harmful UV rays). Try an intro session for $20!
Stop by this full service natural sugaring and wax salon for all your date night needs.
When you get a fresh cut, you might also get a discount on some new product! Urban Evolution is handing out Hershey’s Kisses to clients with either a 10% or 15% off sticker that can be used on retail products. Usable day of.
Pink Barre is running a $14 Valentine’s Client Appreciation class special! A single class (multiple can be purchased) with a 1-year expiration available starting next week, from Feb. 8 –14.
Get your zen on! Highland Yoga is offering 10% off class packages (drop in classes excluded) through the end of February. Use the code VAHILOVE on the Mindbody app.