Do you love Virginia Highland? Everything we do is run by volunteers who love the Virginia Highland neighborhood, and we are always looking for more!
CONTACT US today to join the conversation.
Also, you can keep an eye out every April and October for our bi-annual plantings, where volunteers spend a day of fun in the sun replanting over 100 planters in all three business intersections. It’s the best way to get to know your neighbors and you can take pride as they bloom all year long.
The Virginia Highland District Association, a 501c(3) non profit organization, is dedicated to economic development, infrastructure improvements, public safety, beautification, and activation of the North Highland Avenue commercial district in the beloved intown Virginia Highland, Atlanta. Donate to one of our projects today*!
Join a Committee
Join a committee today! Email us to let us know where you would like to help.
See our committee descriptions & contacts below.
Real Estate & Development Committee
Build and manage relationships with current and potential stakeholders to prioritize feedback into action items for greater development economics throughout the District.
- Keep a comprehensive and up-to-date Stakeholder Mapping of any and all current and potential Virginia Highland Stakeholders.
- Create connections within the community to broaden understanding of opportunities and limitations.
- Reach out to sustainable business prospects to curate a diverse business mix along North Highland Avenue.
- Solicit and listen to feedback from investors with targeted marketing to ensure professional, clear communication.
Chair - Lindsay Wheeler
Recommends financial budgets, goals, and policies that support the mission of VHDA.
- Recommending policies that maintain and improve the financial health and integrity of the VHDA.
- Reviewing and recommending an annual operating budget that is consistent with the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Keep an accurate record of income and expenses of the Association.
- Have timely annual tax returns prepared for in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
Chair - Katie Voelpel
- Prioritize professional and clear marketing with easy to digest and participate information.
- Manage a comprehensive email database of targeted audience for customer newsletter highlighting specials, events, and news.
- Utilize website as the primary forwarding source for information.
- Publish relevant and reliable information for greatest credibility and accuracy.
- Entice customers with a consistent draw to support VaHi local businesses.
Chairs - Dora Marquez & Brittany Hester
Fundraising & Social Committee
Promote community and local businesses through events that encourage participation and engagement with the North Highland Business Corridor.
- Host and advertise high-quality community events to residents and visitors.
- Manage permitting and process of all hosted events.
- Consciously curate fundraisers/events to attract a diverse and accessible audience.
- Coordinate with Communications Committee to
- Solicit sponsorships and/or donations that could support the VHDA mission.
Chair - Christina Carrick
Build and manage relationships with City and other Virginia Highland Community Based Organizations as well as advocate and implement design amenities that accentuate visibility, accessibility, & public health.
- Create a communications network with safety stakeholders to foster a community response to crime.
- Augment and maintain existing infrastructure requests with the City; such as street lighting, sidewalk obstructions, and tree damage.
- Advocate for underserved and minority populations within our community.
- Encourage community outreach to support existing services.
Chair - Katie Voelpel
Maintain and expand bi-annual plantings in the three main business intersections of North Highland Corridor and coordinate with community and city entities on enhancing existing features of the public realm utilizing donations and grants.
- Host volunteer planting events for community building and engagement.
- Support local businesses in the neighborhood and use dynamic solutions for creating liveliness throughout the business corridor.
- Keep building inventory and conditions survey up to date with strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Using platforms, amplify and advertise projects and Virginia Highland District amenities to educate others on our mission and deliverables.